Could you be an Allotment Mentor?
The National Allotment Society has a team of volunteers who help to support the allotment movement across the UK. We would like to recruit two new people in the North West and are looking for people who have direct experience of supporting the development of allotment sites and associations at a local level. Mentors are given support and training to enable them to:-
- Provide one-to-one advice/support to allotments associations, local councils, and community groups/agencies (eg schools, community groups) and anyone involved in managing, regenerating or creating allotments
- Promote membership of the NAS and to promote our work
- Assist with the delivery of allotments officers’ forums
- Support the Regional Representative to gather information to help protect sites
- General allotments promotional work, eg, stalls at events and gardening shows
- Signpost plot-holders to appropriate sources of gardening advice or give advice if competent.
If any of our members are interested in becoming a mentor, or would like more information, please contact Diane Appleyard on 0845 815 0076 or use the link below.
Email email@example.com if you would like further details