Due to the high number of new bird flu cases in the UK, from noon today (17,10,22), the government has announced a country wide Avian Influenza Protection Zone (AIPZ)
This means all poultry keepers MUST,
- Keep free ranging birds within fenced areas, and that ponds, watercourses and permanent standing water must be fenced off (except in specific circumstances e.g. zoo birds).
- Clean and disinfect footwear and keep areas where birds live clean and tidy.
- Minimise movement in and out of bird enclosures.
- Reduce any existing contamination by cleansing and disinfecting concrete areas, and fencing off wet or boggy areas
- Keep domestic ducks and geese separate from other poultry.
- Ensure the areas where birds are kept are unattractive to wild birds, for example by netting ponds, and by removing wild bird food sources.
- Feed and water your birds in enclosed areas to discourage wild birds.
Hi Debbie, Yes, that is what they mean, people are using seed trays with disinfectant, poultry keepers usually have disinfectant, it helps to prevent the transfer of disease to and from your flock. Ian
Hi Ian does this mean clean your foot wear before you enter and when you leave thanks